Mitch Linsley | October 25th, 2017 |
There’s a ton of teams in college football which means there’s a ton of lopsided matchups which always provides a chance to cash in on a point spread or huge upset. I couldn’t look into every game if I wanted to so instead I’m gonna talk about intriguing matchups in the top 25. I categorize games into three categories: games where favorite should beat the spread, games where the underdog should cover, and games where the underdog should win outright. Without further adieu, here is the first addition of upset watch.
Favorites I like against the spread:
- #20 Stanford (-21) @ Oregon State
- Tulane @ #24 Memphis (-10.5)
- #4 TCU (-6.5) @ #25 Iowa State
- #16 Michigan State (-2) @ Northwestern
- Houston @ #17 South Florida (-10.5)
- Austin Peay @ #18 UCF (no spread yet)
- Duke @ #13 Virginia Tech (-15.5)
- Texas Tech @ #10 Oklahoma (-20)
- #15 Washington State (-3) @ Arizona
Underdogs I like to cover:
- #5 Wisconsin (-27) @ Illinois – Wisconsin will win here; 27 points is a lot to ask.
- #8 Miami (-20.5) @ North Carolina – Very shaky for a top 10 team. A 21 point win on the road isn’t the safest bet.
- #3 Georgia (-14) @ Florida – Huge SEC rivalry. The Gators will come to fight and keep it close.
- UCLA @ #12 Washington (-17) – PAC 12 late season. Expect a close one.
- Georgia Tech @ #7 Clemson – I know Clemson already lost their bad conference game of the season but I’ve seen the Tigers not show up at home.
- #11 Oklahoma State (-7.5) @ #22 West Virginia – OSU has played some bad games. I like the Mountaineers at home.
- #2 Penn State @ #6 Ohio State (-6.5) – I know the spread favors the Buckeyes but PSU still outranks Ohio State. Buckeyes win a huge B1G game at home.
- #14 NC State @ #9 Notre Dame (-7) – The Irish are fraudulent and the Wolfpack is gonna prove it.
- #21 USC (-3) @ Arizona State – Trojans are overrated and the Sun Devils have rattled off a few upsets.
RELATED: NFL Picks – Week 8